What is Journey Cover?
Journey cover provides an income stream if the insured is unable to work as a result of an accident when travelling to and from work. Cover is provided for travel, by the most direct route, by an insured member for the purpose of their employment.
While some states and territories include journey cover within their worker’s compensation schemes, Western Australia, South Australia, New South Wales, Tasmania and Victoria, do not, leaving employees in these states uninsured for this cover.
Journey Cover provides a low cost solution to bridge this gap. The cover replaces a percentage of their income (usually 85%) for a given period (commonly two years). Cover begins after the employee is off work for a specified amount of time - from 7 days onwards - known as a waiting or excess period.
Additional benefits may also include:
- Rehabilitation costs
- Home / Car Modification costs and assistance
- Funeral expenses
Benefits to you and your staff
While Journey Cover is designed to protect the employee, it is an inexpensive way to add to your employee benefits program to attract staff, increase satisfaction and retain valued staff.
For employees, Journey cover provides peace of mind and financial security in the event of an accident while travelling to or from work.
Chifley Insurance Brokers offer tender review services to help make sure you secure a competitive and appropriate solution that suits your insurance needs. When you enlist our services, we will:
- Understand and analyse your requirements.
- Prepare a thorough underwriting submission.
- Extend an invitation to tender to a select panel of underwriters.
- Negotiate on your behalf to secure competitive pricing and comprehensive cover.
- Issue a tender report comparing your options and providing a summary of findings.
- Place and establish your group policy.
Furthermore, once our account management services are in place, we'll provide you with ongoing support and administration services.
Your dedicated account manager
Chifley Insurance Brokers will appoint a dedicated account manager to manage your account with your insurer, as well as providing you account management services that include:
- Processing and distributing all relevant documentation between you and the insurer
- Providing educational material for your employees as required
- Liaising with the insurer on behalf of both you and your employees where required
- Providing feedback on performance of policy wherever necessary
- Managing the renewal of your policy
- Providing general assistance
To find out more, give our team a call on 1800 800 002 or leave your details in our online contact form and we’ll get in touch with you.